One of my favorite things is planning a vacation. Nothing makes me feel better than a well formatted calendar with flight info, accommodation and researched lists of activities available.
It can often be hard to decide where you want to go. After all you can travel anywhere in the entire world. With all your choices, how are you going to decide?
- Are you more crunched for time or money?
- Are you traveling alone or with friends or your family?
- Is your work flexible with when you can leave or do you have a set time frame when you can travel (e.g., a teacher)?
- Do you want to go somewhere close by where you can drive, or would you have to fly?
Vacations often start off as a wonderful idea and then eventually end up being a nightmare to manage. Often overlooked, a lot of thought and brainstorming goes into perfectly organizing touring plans. The lack of know-how on how to plan a trip often reflects during “unseen hurdles” on a vacation.
It is an adventure you’ve always dreamt of, but haven’t been able to plan and execute properly.
Here are some handy trip planning tips that will keep your prepared for your future vacation.
Pick your destination
It all probably started from either some stunning pics gone viral on social media, the scenic setting of a movie, or an amazing story of friends last trip abroad.
But there are also things to keep in mind before selecting a destination
- There is no doubt that a travelers mind wishes to beach, mountains, or a forest. However, picking the right destination for the seasons is a key factor for planning a successful trip.
- Consider the cost factor while picking a destination. For instance some places are more enjoyable in a luxury budget than others. Going to a luxury destination during the low season can result in some good discounts on hotels and flights.
- Check out the best time to visit all destinations, usually the season to visit beaches and mountains is completely different
Deciding the duration of your trip
If you’re looking to save extra money on travel, consider your destination’s off-season or shoulder season.
Nailing down when exactly they occur isn’t difficult, though, as long as you take into account several factors such as
- Weather ; summer is always going to be an incredibly busy time for common destinations like, cruises, beaches etc. Also the school is out for summer means families will be traveling a lot during this time.
- Holidays: if your budget conscious, you’re going to want to keep in mind the holidays when traveling. Depending on the destination, flights and hotels are going to be more expensive if it lands on a major holiday
- A key aspect of a good trip planner is to correctly estimate the number of days required to visit a destination. A road trip duration would be trip longer whereas, a trip planned with flight tickets could be a little shorter
Book flights, Train, or bus tickets and accommodation
After decision-making is complete, booking tickets for your flight, train or bus transfer well in advance is an important step in learning how to plan your trip to perfection. Since flight and train tickets are subject to availability and prices rise over time, getting the bookings done a few months in advance will help you avoid additional costs on your initial budget
One of the most common misconceptions about traveling is the idea that flying (especially international) has to be expensive.
In fact flying can be one of the most affordable parts of the trip if you know how to leverage the right tools.
- Only book the cheaper non-refundable flight or train tickets if you are absolutely certain of your vacation plans. Otherwise, it is advisable to book refundable tickets if booking well-in-advance.
- Flight prices fluctuate a lot, keep track on flight prices by using www.skyscanner.com
- Use credit cards that give frequent flyer miles and points on every rupee spent on booking flights and hotels to earn great rewards and cash-backs.
- Finding a good place to stay that doesn’t break the bank sometimes seem impossible, but by being flexible and a bit judicious with your accommodation search, you can find awesome place to stay during your vacation and not break the bank.
Here are some best tools below to help your find some of the best places to stay.
- Airbnb More than just renting spare bedrooms, you can find some really cool places at a relatively low cost if you are diligent in your search (you can even stay in a freaking castle!).
- Agoda.com They’ve aggregated accommodations ranging from uber-luxury hotels to small mom-and-pop bed and breakfasts. Also, they’ll kick back a free night in a hotel for frequent users. Awesome.
Booking.com Gives travelers only the best accommodations at the best prices. With over 35,000 hotels in over 170 countries, You’ll have no trouble finding an awesome (yet budget-friendly) option here.
Planning day activities
It always sounds fascinating and adventurous when touring plans are made on a sudden impulse and gut-feel. However, the downside of going on such trips is that there could be many days when the scheduling can go haywire because of everything being so last-minute.
Here are things to keep in mind and consider while planning day trips and activities.
- Most of the times, it is better to book activities like water sports, adventure sports, boat-rides, and safari rides at the destination itself to get a better price and some scope for bargaining.
- In the trip planner, keep only one or two activities in a day if the purpose of the trip is to relax and take it easy during the vacation.
- At some places, popular tourists activities like skiing, boating, scuba diving etc are closed during off-season. Check the availability of activities before going to the destination.
- Depending on the budget and time-at-disposal, getting a rough idea of what activities should be done on what day is a vital ingredient in understanding how to plan a trip perfectly.
Vacations are experiences that change people for the good. With a better understanding of how to plan a trip, travelers can enjoy their journey without any hiccups.
Earning money while traveling
Saving money isn’t the only way you can hold onto cash during your travels. There are actually a variety of ways you can earn money while abroad too.
The ultimate ways to making money online while traveling are :
- Create multiple income streams so you always have a consistent source of revenue.
- Start your own business and escape the 9-to-5 for good.
- Increase your income by thousands of dollars a year through side hustles like freelancing or online Affiliate Marketing.
Click here Start blowing up your net worth today.